So Tech Ed started yesterday, as I am one of the presenters I got to sit in the front row during the launch keynote. The keynote started off with a little cultural dance ditty. Then the first surprise, the hall had them cool lasers to draw nice little animations on the wall (yes in retrospect I *should* have taken a video).
Everything was nice and cool, until they got to the end and.. *BANG* sparklers start shooting out from the tip at the floor of the stage. I got shocked but I was still cool until the 2nd *BANG* that's when the sparklers start shooting out from the CEILING, no less than 3 rows of seats in front of me, so I had fire raining down barely 3 meters in front of me, and there I was, notebook out on my lap, mouth opened, gasping in terror at the scene. But I guess I wasn't in as bad a situation as the lady that was sitting right in front/under one of them sparkler emitters. I could see her staring in shock at the sparklers as well.
Luckily everything was fire free after that.