# Monday, 09 February 2009
The journey to one of my dream gadgets come to an end, but... how well did it actually work?

Monday, 09 February 2009 01:50:00 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time, UTC+08:00)  #    Comments [0]  | 
# Sunday, 08 February 2009

I can't wait for this!


Sunday, 08 February 2009 21:46:22 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time, UTC+08:00)  #    Comments [0]  | 

The lenses that I bought for my Sony A350 all have a very specific use which I need them for.

The 50F1.7 portrait lens was the first one which I got, almost immediately after I got my camera.

DSC06824

This was simply because the SemiPro said that I should get one if it was cheap, and not to mention mommy really liked the bokeh effect of portrait pictures. But I don't use this lens a lot, since using a 50mm in doors is kinda hard when WZ keeps running at you.

The next lens I got was the 50F2.8 macro lens.

DSC06843 

I got this lens by rushing down to Pudu Plaza the day after the SemiPro told me that a shop had this lens for second hand sale. I knew I wanted to get a macro when getting my camera because I knew I wanted to take product shots. This is the 2nd lens I used the most aside from the kit lens, other than for product shots I use it whenever I need the razor teeth sharpness of the lens.

The last lens which I wanted to get was something to use when I go on trips, something that had a focal range capability. I was planning to get the Sony 18250 lens before I went on my next trip overseas. But... that's changed now.

DSC06834

I decided to get it yesterday because I was afraid there was going to be a price increase on it soon following Sony's dire fiscal year reports. Now that I have it, it shall be used as I originally intended. To replace the 1870 kit lens since it has a further range. But is almost the same size when fully retracted.

DSC06837 

When fully extended though, the lens makes the camera feel heavy and off balanced (guess I'll need to train my left arm a bit more!) since it stretches pretty far! Letting my wife hold it made her give out a groaning sigh before passing it back to me... guess she won't be that interested of taking pics of me and WZ with that lens attached :P.

And now... my collection is complete, I have no more desire for any more lenses. So here's my complete non kit lens collection!

DSC06848


Sunday, 08 February 2009 17:46:15 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time, UTC+08:00)  #    Comments [0]  | 
The *final* piece required to get the carputer up and running. A screen, is revealed in a post that's too bloody long to be displayed on the front page. Click to read up!

Sunday, 08 February 2009 02:11:16 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time, UTC+08:00)  #    Comments [0]  | 
# Thursday, 05 February 2009

I was testing a site on various other browsers today, and I needed the browser to present itself as FRESH to the web application, so with IE8 I used InPrivate blocking, and on Chrome I used Incognito mode. Both essentially works the same way, all cookies and browsing history information are discarded after the session, and no previous cookies are carried into the session.

Then I realized that all my ASP.Net Linkbuttons, and other places that required the Javascript method __doPostBack weren't working in Chrome's Incognito mode. Looking at the page's source that got sent to the browser I saw that the whole script definition chunk for the function was missing from the page. It was as if ASP.Net decided NOT to push the script chunk down to Chrome. But it was working fine in normal Chrome browsing.

There was no way this was a problem with Chrome or ASP.Net, but rather with Incognito mode itself. So I loaded up Fiddler and looked at the Requests coming out from Chrome Incognito mode. Then I realized that when in Incognito mode Chrome wasn't sending the UserAgent header that identified what browser was hitting the server.

Because of this ASP.Net could not determine if the client could properly process the script blocks, and thus decided to totally discard the delivery of the script chunk to the client. Of course, without said script chunk a lot of other things were affected.

After doing some poking around I found out that version 1.0.154.46 of Google Chrome seems to be the one afflicted with this issue. As this bug also stopped people from getting into Facebook and some Google sites, they quickly released an updated build 1.0.154.48 which fixes the problem. So update Chrome by going into Help->About->Update Now if you are having problems browsing some sites in incognito mode.

Though the automatic update system (which runs in the background even when Chome isn't running) SHOULD have updated the browser by now. But.. if you're having problems just update the browser and see what happens.


Thursday, 05 February 2009 11:42:10 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time, UTC+08:00)  #    Comments [0]  |